Aloha and Welcome School Participants,
The Play SMART Hawaii Game Show was created and is under active development by the volunteer staff of The Audio Visual Company (AVCO). Our goal is to give students an opportunity to have fun with their trivia knowledge and communication skills in a friendly competition. Our method is to inspire sportsmanship and positive group collaboration by providing them an entertaining and interactive game space.
Now that we are into our fourth season, the game has proven to be a very innovative and original in concept. Please understand that at times we may encounter a technical difficulty during the filming of the show. Each show is played and recorded with a “live” audience and we appreciate your patience as we work through a problem.
To this date, there has still been no other show like this in the United States or Canada. AVCO has currently invested its own money for all the production equipment to produce this show. AVCO and some promotional consideration sponsors have paid for all additional expenses such as refreshments and prizes.
AVCO’s staff has also been volunteering their time to make this show successful. At minimum, it takes 3 cameramen, our show host, a technical director, 2 game operators, a technician and an events coordinator to produce every episode.
So all of us from AVCO hope that you will enjoy your participation in Play SMART Hawaii and take with it a great experience.
We are constantly trying to learn from each episode so that the show can become even better and more successful. Please feel free to contact us with any feedback and suggestions.
Get ready, Get set, Collaborate!
The Staff of the Audio Visual Company
- No coaching except during commercial breaks.
- No leaning over to players and talking to them during the game.
- No yelling out the answers to players during the game.
- Any loud or disruptive behavior from the audience may be asked to leave the studio.
- Once the “Stop” button has been pressed, all team players must stop entering or modifying answers.
- There are NO “Instant Replays”.
- AVCO have the right to disqualify any team with just cause.
- Correct spelling and Hand-writing is critical.
- Judges have the final say for all answers.
ART Challenge Instructions:
- 2 students to draw at the same time and the whole team may collaborate with one another.
- After time is up, all pens must be put down and all students are to face away from the board.
- When the host is ready to count the scores, the whole team may face the board and only the 2
- students that drew the pictures can answer to the Host.
- The other team cannot look at their board until the Host is ready to count their pictures. Only then
- the whole team can turn around and only the 2 students who drew the pictures can answer to the Host.
- The drawings must be clearly identified by the 2 students representing the team, and the other three team
- members will not be allowed to say anything. Again, the judges have the final say.
- Team “Time-Outs” are only allowed during commercial breaks.
- Teams will be allowed only 2 “Time Outs” per game.
- The duration of a “Time Out” will be 2 minutes.
- Only the Team Coach or Student Captain can request a time out.
- The request for a “Time Out” must be made to the Host.
- All tied answers will NOT be replayed and no score will be awarded to either team.
- Protesting or requesting clarification will not be allowed after next question has been started.
- Only the Team Coach or Student Captain can make a protest or request for clarification from the Judges.
- Once a “review” by the Judges is started, no interruptions will be allowed.
- No protesting will be allowed after game is over and winner has been announced.
- Judges have the final say.
*The following rules have been set and will continue to evolve as the game format, questions, and layout evolve. Please refer to this page on our website for the latest most current rules.