Aloha and welcome to Lehua Elementary School's Web Page! We are located at 791 Lehua Ave. in Pearl City, Hawaii. We are about ten minutes away from Pearl Harbor which got its name from the pearl producing oysters that once lived in its warm waters.
Lehua Elementary got it's start way back in 1907 when it was first named Pearl City School. The school was originally located along Kamehameha Highway until it was moved to its present location in 1964. In 1956 Pearl City School was renamed Pearl City Kai Elementary School so that it was not confused with newly built Pearl City Elementary School. However the new name continued to be a problem because people began to get it confused with Pearl Harbor Kai Elementary School. Finally in 1969, the school was renamed Lehua Elementary School.